Hug Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings ;-)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Danaide

Greetings   ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Greetings ;-)   Greetings   ;-) EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:00 am

Heya Hug Family!

Fabu was so nice to invite me, so i think a little introduction of myself is in order:

I'm 45, female, my RL-Name is Britta, i live in Germany ... I moved around a bit but lived mainly in Frankfurt and for 10 years now in the "Ruhrgebiet" in North-Rhine-Westphalia - atm i live in Oberhausen together with my Friend, a cat and a dog Wink

I started DAoC during the european open beta in 2001 and played on the Server "Lyonesse" after Release ... in Midgard of course Very Happy
By that time i couldn't get used to Albion (only humanoid Chars ... No ) or Hibernia (greeeeeeeen ... my eyes! Yikes! tongue ) and loved the Setting, the Races (TROLLS!) and Landscapes of Midgard.
After some months i founded the guild "Sturmbringer" (translates to "Stormbringer") with RL- and ingame-Friends. And what i never thought possible: we are still around. Some left, new people joined, the games kept changing but the spirit is still there. Feel free to visit us at sturmbringer.org. My Nick there is Islor after my Troll-Thane on Live.
I stopped playing shortly after TOA - hated the New Frontiers and Masterlevels, Artefacts and the hole shitload ...
And stumbled over Uthgard in 2008 - NF then, so i didn't start to play by that time but had an eye on it. Started here at the end of 2010 (i think).

Of course the guild "Sturmbringer" is also on Uthgard, Midgard, but i only play there once in a while because ... again something i never thought possible ... i fell in love with Hibernia Embarassed quickly after i started in Hib in January 2012,
I was dragged here by some Guildies who where kinda sick of all the Snow and we formed the guild "Egal" (translates to "Whatever" or "Who cares") and we play/level/RvR together 2 days a week. Only 2 days ... all got older Wink
The focus of our group is on very efficient leveling and RvR ... and that's where "Hug Family" enters the stage:
I love to do "inefficient" things, like buffing/bubbling others, especially Lowbies, love to just scout around the FZ, love to defend my Realm and of course love to just chat and have a fun-time with others. To clearify: I don't call you "inefficient"! But such values as realm-pride and just helping each other out and having fun are not on top of the priority-list of "Egal".

The second big reason, why i wanted to join you is my playing time: I tend to play much more than two times a week and i often play outside of european prime time. So i wanted a more active, more present guild and a more international approach.

That's what "Hug Family" provides for me.
What i can provide for you?

I'm always cheerful, always optimistic, know a bit of the game, love to help others and ofc guildmates.
At the Moment only my "Battlewarden", Level 42, joined the "Hug Family" but i have several other Chars:
Danaidae Buff/Heal-Warden lvl 35
Danaidi Champion lvl 15
Danaid Enchanter lvl 36
Danaida Ranger lvl 48
(and i hope, i forgot none now)
but some of them are "locked" because i only play them with friends.

Although i might join with the Ranger, Champ and/or Ench after some time if you want me to Smile
But 'til then feel free to take these Chars in consideration for groups, RvR, anything.

Phew, that's quite a lot of text and i think it's enough for today.
Feel free to ask anything that comes to your mind!

See you online and /hug
Britta - Danaide

P.S. And maybe i can brush up my french a little ... i'm a tad rusty there Wink
Back to top Go down
Fabulabelle
Admin
Fabulabelle

Greetings   ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings ;-)   Greetings   ;-) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Ahah, was same for me! I played most of time in Alb on live (well, I had characters in every realms, but Albion was my favourite one), and now, I fell in love with Hib landscape ^^

As I told you, I really like your sight of the game, your "talkative" attitude :p

I'm sure we will build a great family with a nice spirit and play style ^^
Back to top Go down
Danaide

Greetings   ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings ;-)   Greetings   ;-) EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:29 am

Thank you for the warm welcome, Fabu /blush

A side-note concerning my Nickname (just for your entertainment and as a piece of "useless information"):
I tend to chose Nicks from the ancient greek mythology and that's the case with Danaide too Smile
The Danaids were the 50 daughters of Danaus who were forced to marry the 50 sons of an enemy king.
They killed their husbands in the first night after their wedding (actually only 49 did so, but that doesn't matter here) and therefore had a very unpleasant afterlife:
They had to fill a leaky bathtub and of course they could never succeed with that. In german there is the word "Danaidenarbeit" (Danaid labor) for it, which describes a futile, meaningless chore What a Face

i'm not allowed to post links here so you need to feed Wikipedia with "Danaides" or "Daughters of Danaus" for further info.

/end of useless information.
Back to top Go down
Fabulabelle
Admin
Fabulabelle

Greetings   ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings ;-)   Greetings   ;-) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 am

Nice to know Smile And no problem with your nicknames :p You choose what you want! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings   ;-) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings ;-)   Greetings   ;-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings ;-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hug Family Forum :: Accueil :: Information - Appliances-
Jump to: